Bulbs may become very hot while illuminated. Before replacing bulbs, turn off the lights and wait until the bulbs cool down, Otherwise, there is the risk of sustaining a burn injury
- Before replacing a backup light, stop the engine and allow the exhaust pipes and surrounding parts to cool sufficiently. As the bulbs are near the exhaust pipes, there is a risk of being burned.
- Replace any bulb only with a new bulb of the specified wattage. Using a bulb of different wattage could result in a fire. For the specified wattage of each bulb, refer to "Bulb Chart" P387. For replacement, contact your SUBARU dealer.
The LED headlight warning light illuminates if the LED headlights malfunction. Have your vehicle inspected at a SUBARU dealer as soon as possible.
- It may be difficult to replace the bulbs. We recommend that you have the bulbs replaced by your SUBARU dealer if necessary.
- If a genuine SUBARU accessory has been installed to the rear bumper, check the manual included with the accessory.
1. Remove the clips.
2. Remove the rear bumper cover.
3. Turn the bulb socket counterclockwise and remove it.
4. Pull the bulb out of the bulb socket and replace it with a new one.
5. Install the bulb socket by turning it clockwise.
6. Reconnect the electrical connector.
7. Reinstall the rear bumper cover.
Replacing the bulb could cause burns since the bulb may be very hot. Have the bulb replaced by your SUBARU dealer.
It may be difficult to replace the bulbs. We recommend that you have the bulbs replaced by your SUBARU dealer if necessary.
Adjusting Headlight Aim
1) Adjustment bolt A
2) Adjustment bolt B
Before checking the headlight aiming
1. Make sure the vehicle has a full tank of gasoline and the area around the headlight is not deformed.
2. Park the vehicle on level ground.
3. Sit in the driver’s seat.
4. Bounce the vehicle several times.
Headlight aim adjustment
1) Adjustment direction mark
1. Turn the bolt A clockwise or counterclockwise to adjust it. Remember the direction of the rotation and number of rotations.
2. Turn bolt B the same number of turns and in the same direction as step 1.
- If the headlight aim cannot be adjusted, contact your SUBARU dealer.
- To inspect of the headlight aim position, consult a SUBARU dealer.